Yes. Our Site Safety Plus eCourses are approved short duration courses which means that levy-registered employers can claim CITB grant for employed staff and subcontractors.
To ensure automatic grant payment, please urge your employees to add your company’s CITB levy registration number when they redeem a voucher or purchase a course for themselves.
If you are buying an eCourse for someone else to take (you might be an employer who wants to purchase several courses at a time for your employees) you will need to purchase eCourse vouchers.
1. Start by selecting the eCourse you want to buy a voucher for. Read the COURSE DETAILS to make sure it’s the correct course.
2. Choose BUY NOW and select the BUYING FOR SOMEONE ELSE option.
3. Select the number of vouchers you want to buy.
4. At checkout you’ll be prompted to create an account or log in before you make a payment.
5. The voucher codes will be sent to you by email (ready for you to give to others). They are also immediately available on your DASHBOARD when you log in.
You can buy multiple vouchers in one transaction. When you arrive at your shopping cart, follow these instructions.
1. Enter the number of vouchers you wish to buy under QUANTITY.
2. Select UPDATE CART.
3. Select CHECKOUT.
If you have been given a voucher code for an eCourse, follow these simple steps to access the course.
1. Start by selecting the ‘Have a voucher? Use it now’ link at the top of the eCourses homepage.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions and input your voucher code.
3. You’ll be prompted to create an account or log in.
4. The eCourse is immediately available on your DASHBOARD when you log in.
Tick the REMOVE checkbox next to any course or voucher and select UPDATE CART to remove it from your basket, then start the purchase process again.
The COVID-19 - Setting up and operating a safe construction site eCourse isn't required to apply for any of the construction related card schemes (e.g. CSCS). Therefore, the information is not transferred to the CITB online card checker.
If your issue isn’t covered in these FAQs, please send your query by email to [email protected] and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as we can.
Please note our support team is available between 08:00 and 17:30 from Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). Any queries made outside these hours will be dealt with by the support team on their return.
1. To complete the interactive course
You need a reliable internet connection and a desktop computer, laptop or standard-sized tablet (eCourses are not supported on mobile handsets).
- Operating system: Windows, Apple or Android .
- Processor: 3 GHz.
- RAM: 2 GB.
- Broadband speed: 512 kbps.
- Screen resolution: 1024 by 768.
- The newest version of Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.
2. To complete the end of course examination
You need internet access and a desktop computer or laptop with a webcam, speakers and microphone.
- Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit), Mac OS 10.13 and above (excluding beta versions). Note: Windows Operating Systems must pass genuine windows validation. Windows Vista, Windows XP and Windows 7 are strictly prohibited for exam delivery. All Linux/Unix based operating systems are strictly prohibited.
- RAM: OS specified minimum RAM, 4 GB or more.
- Display: Minimum resolution 1024 x 768 in 16-bit colour.
- Internet Browser: The newest version of Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.
- Internet connection: For optimal performance, a reliable and stable connection speed of 3 Mbps down and 2 Mbps up is required. Tethering to a mobile hotspot is explicitly prohibited.
- Webcam, sound and microphone: Webcam must have a minimum resolution of 640x480 @ 10 fps. Webcam may be internal or may be external and connected to the computer. Mac users may need to allow OnVUE within their ‘System Preferences: Security & Privacy: Privacy’ settings for microphone, camera, automation and input monitoring.
- Device: All tablets are strictly forbidden, unless it has a physical keyboard and also meets the operating system requirements mentioned earlier.
To take an online exam with our partners Pearson VUE, you will need government issued identification. The accepted forms of ID are either a valid passport or driving licence.
If your voucher code isn’t working, make sure you have entered it correctly. We recommend that you copy and paste it into place and ensure there are no empty spaces at the start or at the end of the code.
If you are still having problems with a voucher code, please email us at [email protected] for assistance.